Can I launch and dock my boat?
Yes, there is a public boat launch within ¼ mile of our resort, and we have boat slips available in the bays located on both ends of our resort.
Is your shore good for swimming?
Yes, our shoreline is sandy with a gradual slope. We have provided a sand beach on each end of our resort, perfect for the kids, relaxing in the sunshine or water skiing. We also have a main swimming dock in front of our main lodge with a swimming raft, perfect for the entire family.
Do you offer boat/pontoon/jet ski rentals?
Located next door to our Resort, Sugar Camp Pontoon Boat Rentals offers new pontoon boats for rent by the week on the Sugar Camp Chain. Contact (715) 891-1275 for more information. There are rental shops close by that also rent fishing boats and jet ski’s and deliver to our resort and we would be happy to recommend a reputable outfit.
What kind of fishing/boating can we expect?
We are located on the Sugar Camp Chain of five lakes, all of them navigable by boat through our northern “everglades”. Seventy Five percent of our twenty-five + miles of shoreline is owned by the State of Wisconsin, thus keeping many acres of shoreline in its natural wilderness state. Sizes of our lakes range from the smallest of 107 acres to the largest of 744 acres, all connected with hundreds of acres of winding thoroughfares. Lake depths range up to 40’ deep. Our lakes are spring and wetland fed with various creeks. Our chain of lakes eventually runs into the Rainbow Flowage at the dam on Dam Lake and on into the Wisconsin River. Fish produced in our chain range from panfish, bluegills, sunfish, rock bass, perch, crappie, bullheads and suckers to the larger game fish of bass, northerns, walleye, and musky. Over 85 man made fish cribs have been built and placed amongst our chain over the past years by our local lake association. Our lakes provide plenty of area for fishing, water skiing, sailing and boating.
How can I reserve a cabin?
A non-refundable deposit on an approved credit card confirms your reservation and is due at the time the reservation is made. The remaining balance of your rental is due when you check-in. Rental charges will be determined by the base rate per unit, plus applicable taxes, plus any additional charges, for the full time reserved. Customers will be charged for any broken, damaged, or missing items.
What is provided in the cabins?
Each cabin is furnished with a TV, microwave, K-Cup coffee maker, pots/pans dishes, silver, glassware and miscellaneous utensils. Bed linens and dishtowels are also furnished, however, you must furnish your own bath towels, and bath soaps. Charcoal grills, picnic tables, and firewood are also provided for each cabin. Porta-cribs, high-chairs, and airbeds are also available upon request. Coin-Op laundry and on-the-water boat fueling are also located on the premises.
Do you allow pets?
Because of past experiences, and health reactions that many people have with pets, we do not allow pets of any kind under any circumstances in our cabins or on our grounds. We do understand, however, that traveling without a pet can be hard on a family. We know of a couple reputable kennels in the area that we can recommend if leaving your pet at home is not an option. Pets will be considered for both the Sand Lake Lakehouse and the Chain Lake Hideaway, please call ahead.
What activities are provided at your resort or in the area?
Our resort is spread along 1500 feet of shoreline and includes two tennis courts, a basketball court, a volleyball court, playground equipment, two sand beaches, two campfire pits, a nature trail, and a game room.
Within seven miles, many other activities for the family can be found. These include horseback riding, go cart tracks, miniature golf, wildlife parks, laser tag, tubing or canoeing down the Wisconsin River, nature trails, cross country skiing, hiking trails, miles of paved bike trails, fishing guides & tournaments, many 18 hole golf courses, snowmobiling, and much more. Our area offers many restaurants and stores to suit almost any guest.
Rules & Regulations
- A non-refundable deposit equal to 50% on an approved credit card confirms your reservation and is due when your reservation is made. If no deposit is made when you make your reservation, your rental will be available to the first interested party who offers a deposit. The remaining balance of your rental is due when you Check-In.
- Rental charges will be determined by the base rate per unit, plus any additional charges, for the full time reserved. Customers will be charged for broken or missing items or additional cleaning.
- Bed linens and dishtowels will be furnished at no additional cost, however, you must furnish your own bath towels, and bath soaps.
- Coin-Op laundry services are provided on the premises.
- Each cabin is fully furnished with a TV, microwave, K-Cup coffee maker, pots/pans, dishes, silver, glasses and misc. utensils.
- Charcoal Grills, Picnic Tables and Firewood are provided for each cabin.
- We have a limited number of porta-cribs, high chairs, and airbeds available upon request.
- We sell premium gasoline on the premises.